- Starting from what exists within communities: NICRAD will not go into communities with its own set agenda but will support community demand-driven projects. Working with active CBOs will ensure this value is preserved.
- Pro-Poor: NICRAD identifies priorities and allocates resources on a pro-poor basis, giving priority to vulnerable people and communities.
- Empowered Communities: NICRAD believes that communities are resourceful and that empowered communities are a prerequisite for improving individual and community development. We work with and through communities, putting their interests and opinions first.
- Strategic Partnerships: NICRAD believes in strategic partnerships as a means to conduct successful and sustainable interventions. NICRAD develops and nurtures partnerships with like-minded organizations that share our core values and strategic focus.
- Gender Equity: NICRAD is committed to mainstreaming gender considerations in all of its interventions. As NICRAD strives to abolish gender inequalities, we make a conscious effort to remove unfair practices and promote the well-being of both genders.
- Non-discrimination: Adhering to international conventions, NICRAD does not condone discrimination based on sex, religion, race or culture, internally or in its programmes and interventions.
- Professional Standards: NICRAD aims to set high professional and ethical standards and monitors these closely within our projects, among ourselves and among those with whom we partner.
- Transparency and Accountability: NICRAD believes in honest communication, absolute openness, and the transparent use of influence, power and resources. NICRAD has zero tolerance for corruption, both within the Foundation and in our dealings with outside agencies.
- Sustainability: Through advocacy and empowerment, NICRAD aims to enable communities and of the formal health system to sustain mutually designed and implemented interventions.
- Evidence-based Policy and Practice: NICRAD uses its grassroots work with communities to generate and document evidence aimed at influencing donor/government policies and practices that bring about lasting benefits to the most vulnerable groups and communities.
- Innovation: NICRAD upholds a commitment to innovation in our work and the work of our partners. We constantly develop and encourage new, effective methods and tools for improving the health of communities.
Donations For Us
Make a difference in the lives of the suffering people in different part of Uganda.
See more... Give your heart out today…donate.
© 2009 Network for Integrated Community-Based Research and Development. All rights reserved.